Indian Coast Guard Syllabus 2023 for Navik post consists of the subjects viz. Mathematics, Basic Chemistry, Physics, General Knowledge, Knowledge of English up to 12th standard, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning, Current Affairs, etc.
The Indian Coast Guard has released a recruitment drive to fill the position of Navik (General Duty), in 2023. Online applications are only accepted. Candidates must choose one center from the respective state.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who want to serve the coastal areas. There are 225 vacancies under the Indian Coast Guard Navik recruitment. Indian Coast Guard selection involves the sorting of online applications center-wise, followed by the written exam which will consist of objective-type multiple-choice questions.
The Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will be taken by those who pass the written exam. Candidates who pass all tests will be included in the final selection list.
This article contains the Indian Coast Guard Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Navik General.
Table of contents
Indian Coast Guard Syllabus 2023
Both sections of the Indian Coast Guard Navik GD & DB syllabus are based on the below standard.
- Section I – Class 10 syllabus
- Section II – Class 12 Maths and Physics syllabus
Indian Coast Guard Syllabus for Section I
- Mathematical Simplification
- Ratio and Proportion
- Algebraic Identities
- Linear Equations and Polynomials, Simultaneous Equations
- Basic Trigonometry
- Simple Mensuration
- Nature of Matter
- Universe (Planets / Earth/Satellites/Sun),
- Electricity and its application
- Carbon and its Compounds
- Measurements in Science
- Sound and Wave Motion, Atomic Structure
- Correction of sentences
- Change active to passive/passive to active voice.
- Change direct to indirect/indirect to direct, Verbs/Tense/Non-Finite
- Phrasal verbs and expressions
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Use of Adjectives
- Compounds and Prepositions
- Use of pronouns
- Spatial Reasoning
- Coding and Decoding
- Numerical Reasoning
- Sequence and Spellings
#5. General Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Capital & Currency
- Awards & Honour
- Appointments & Resignations, Obituaries
- National Affairs
- Business & Economy
- International Affairs
- Book & Authors
- National parks
- Wildlife Sanctuaries
- Government Schemes & Policies
Indian Coast Guard Syllabus for Section II
- Physical World and measurement
- Newtons Law of Motions
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Magnetic effects
- AC and DC
- Vector and Three Dimensional Geometry
- Linear Programming
- Sets, Relations, and Functions: Set, Relations, and Functions trigonometric functions
- Algebra: Principle of Mathematical induction, complex numbers, and quadratic equations, linear inequalities, permutation and combinations, binomial theory, sequence and series, matrices & determinants
- Coordinate Geometry: Straight lines, conic section, introduction to three-dimensional geometry
- Calculus: Limits and derivatives, Continuity and differentiability, Applications and derivatives, Integrals, applications of the integrals, differential equations
- Relations And Functions: Relations and Functions, inverse trigonometric functions. Simple Mensuration, Geometry, Measures of Central Tendency (Average, Median and Mode
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Probability: Statistics, Probability. Mathematical Simplification, Ratio and Proportion, Algebraic Identities, Linear Equations and Polynomials, Simultaneous Equations, Basic Trigonometry
Indian Coast Guard Exam Pattern 2023
Computer Based Written Test Pattern of Indian Coast Guard Navik (General Duty) will have objective-type questions. The examination will have a 10th and 12th standard level. Navik GD will ask you questions about the various subjects.
The Indian Coast Guard 2023 exam pattern is divided into four stages.
- Stage I comprises computer-based tests.
- Stage II includes Physical Fitness Test (PFT), Document Verification, and Medical Exam.
- Stage III includes Document Verification and Final Medical Exam at INS Chilka.
- Stage IV includes shortlisting candidates for training at INS Chilka.
Physical Fitness Test
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Push-ups
Note: The Candidates are required to carry their own sports attire, shoes, etc.
|Height||The minimum height should be 157 cm.|
|Chest||Well-proportioned chest, minimum expansion of 5 cm|
|Weight||Proportionate to height and age + 10 percent acceptable|
|Visual Standard||6/6 (Better Eye) and 6/9 (Worse Eye)(Candidates using glasses are not eligible)|
|Tattoo||Permanent tattoos are not allowed|
Indian Coast Guard Preparation Tips 2023
Below are the tips and tricks for passing the Indian Coast Guard Navik exam.
- Completion of the syllabus is necessary. Read each topic with equal importance
- Take short notes to revise, and keep reviewing the topics or subjects on a regular basis so you don’t forget them
- You can also practice sample questions online or from books.
- Talk to other aspirants about their strategies and exchange information
- Take part in daily online quizzes on current affairs
- Learn English grammar rules and build vocabulary. Practice questions.
- To test your readiness, you can take mock tests within the time limit