The Indian Post Office GDS syllabus 2023 includes General Knowledge, Reasoning & Analytical Ability, Mathematics, Numerical Ability, and General English Subjects. The detailed India Post GDS syllabus and exam pattern has been given below.
India Post has posted vacancies for the India Post GDS and Gramin Dak Sevak. Interested candidates can apply for the posts under the India Post GDS. These posts include Gramin Dak Sevaks and Staff Car Driver, Staff Officer, GDS, Administrative Officer/Sorting Associate, Postman/Mail Guardian, LDC in PAO, and Multi Tasking Staff, or MTS.
Candidates applying for these India Post GDS must prepare for their exam for India Post GDS. Prelims are also known as the first phase exam. The Mains exam is the second. Only candidates who pass the prelims exam are eligible to take the Mains exams. Go through the India Post GDS Syllabus and download the pdf given below.
Read below to know the post office exam syllabus 2023 in detail and download the pdf for the same.
Table of contents
India Post GDS Syllabus 2023
The India Post GDS has issued India Post GDS Syllabus 2023 for the preparation of candidates. The post office exam syllabus issued is for general knowledge, reasoning, analytical ability, math, numeric ability, and general English.
Indian Post Office Exam Syllabus Subjects
- General Knowledge
- Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Numerical Ability
- General English
Indian Post Office Syllabus Topic-Wise
#1. General Knowledge
- Computer Knowledge, Indian Culture, Agriculture, Business, and Other Related Social Matters
- Basic Human Behaviour, History of India, National Movements, World Geography, Indian Politics, Indian Economics
- Commerce, Banking, Current Affairs
#2. Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- Similarities & Differences, Decision Making, Spatial Orientation, Analysis, Judgment, Arithmetic Reasoning, Arithmetical Number Series
- Observation, Visual Memory, Relationship Concepts, Coding & Decoding, Statement Conclusion
- Non-Verbal Series, Verbal and Figure Classification, Syllogistic Reasoning, Analogies, Discrimination
- Problem-Solving, Spatial Visualization, Mathematics, Trigonometric Functions, Mathematical Induction
- Complex Numbers, Exponential and Logarithm Series, Solutions of Triangles, Matrices, and Determinants, Probability
- Logarithm, Statistics, Mathematical Logic, Boolean Algebra
- Trigonometric Functions, Mathematical Induction, Complex Numbers, Exponential and Logarithm Series
- Solutions of Triangles, Matrices, Determinants, Probability, Logarithm, Statistics, Mathematical Logic, Boolean Algebra
#4. Numerical Ability
- Interest, Profit & Loss, Discount, Time & Distance, Ratio and Proportion, Time & Work
- Number Systems, Fractions, Decimals, Percentages
#5. General English
- Articles, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Tenses, Verbs, Synonyms & Antonyms, Vocabulary
- Sentence Structure, Proverbs, Phrases, Unseen Passage
Indian Post Office GDS Exam Pattern 2023
Candidates are advised to read the GDS exam syllabus GDS exam pattern for preparation after applying for the exam.
The total exam time is 120 minutes. It will include questions about General Knowledge, Mathematics, and Numerical Ability.
Below is the detailed Indian Post Office GDS Exam Pattern 2023. To perform better in the GDS exam, candidates are encouraged to begin preparations as soon as possible.
|Exam Name||India Post GDS ( Gramin Dak Sevak)|
|Duration of the exam||120 minutes|
|Test mode||Online written test|
|Language||English/ Hindi/ regional language|
India Post GDS Exam Pattern and Weightage
The Gramin Dak Sevak preliminary exam pattern covers general knowledge, reasoning, and analytical ability in maths. It also includes the English language and the local language.
There will be 25 questions on all subjects. The India Post GDS paper has 100 marks. Candidates must attempt all questions.
Candidates must also complete the 100-mark question paper in 120 minutes.
|Subject||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|GK Reasoning & Analytical Ability||25||25|
Indian Post Office GDS Reference Books 2023
Below is a list with a few reference books that will assist candidates in covering the Indian Post Office GDS syllabus for 2023 on-time.
These are a few reference books that can be helpful to candidates when they prepare for their exams:
|GDS Preparation Book||R. Gupta’s|
|Indian Post GDS Preparation Book||Close Campus|
|Compilation of Indian Post GDS Book||Swamy|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R. S. Aggarwal|
Indian Post Office GDS Preparation 2023
Below are the Indian Post Office GDS 2023 Preparation tips which will help candidates to crack the exam.
- Start by looking at the papers from the previous year to get a good understanding of the exam format.
- Start with the weaker areas to give them enough time.
- Practice your vocabulary, synonyms, and idioms regularly.
- To manage your time effectively, take as many mock exams as possible in the time allotted.
Other Important Links